3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Indianapolis, IN
“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy. Spring brings out the desire to swing open and scrub everything down so that your home looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Indianapolis so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Do A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is the perfect time to make sure all of your home’s systems are ready for the the upcoming summer months. Here’s a list of some of the things you should inspect every spring in Indianapolis:
- HVAC System. Test out your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by replacing your furnace and air conditioning filters. Local HVAC companies may offer this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your family safe by testing your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Put fresh batteries in your alarms every spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for small cracks. Repair the caulking as needed. Install window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to improve the energy efficiency of your windows. Open your windows to ensure that they can move freely.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
The best way to make your house sparkle is with a deep clean. Begin by decluttering each room to open up the space. Then clean surfaces you don’t scrub weekly such as kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Shine up your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Move your furniture to clean and vacuum under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your screens and windows to remove dirt and grime. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After you’re done with deep cleaning, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The simplest way to redecorate is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room a completely new look. You can also shop your house. This means you switch out the items you already own between rooms. Bring in more color with new paint, bright accent pillows, and plants.
If you want to give your room a new look, then look through our idea gallery for ideas and inspiration. It’s full of photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for any space in your home. Once you’ve chosen the style and color scheme for your room, you can add matching accessories, paint colors, and furniture.
A simple update for your rooms is to bring in window treatments that complement your styles and freshen up your rooms. You can select from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters. We also offer blinds and shades.
Check Out More Design Tips
Dive into our design tips for more ideas for inspiration. And when you find a look and window treatment that you like, give us a call at 317-558-9066 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our team will help you find the perfect window treatment to give your home a beautiful, fresh look this spring.