Design Your Polywood Shutters with our New Shutter Designer
Would you like to see what every Polywood shutter option looks like before you purchase? Our Shutter Designer makes it simple. Choose your window treatment’s color, louver size, control, and frame. Be sure to select your background wall color and get a feel for how Polywood® shutters will look in your windows. When you've found what you like, download your ideal shutters and send them to our Sunburst store and we’ll send you a quote for custom-crafted Polywood shutters.
Here’s a few design tips:
- Polywood’s most popular color is Snow White.
- 3.5” louvers narrowly beat out 4.5” louvers in requests.
- Pick a standard tilt rod for a farmhouse or more traditional style home, and hidden tilt for more modern homes.
- Split tilt and divider rails are great options when you want to keep the bottom louvers closed for privacy while opening the top louvers for light.
- As for frames, the main approach is if you have trim/casing around your windows, try the L frame (Standard, Decorative, or Flat). If you don’t have casing, all frames will work.
- If you use a sill piece at the base of your window opening—probably marble or wood—be sure to click “with Sill” so you can get a full picture with the sill frame that would sit on top of that sill piece.
- Interested in window treatments other than plantation shutters? Go to our Window Treatment Visualizer instead.